|Fabric Information : What's On This Page
|How to Wash Silk and Wool fabrics
|The Super 100's
More Fabric Information
How to wash silk and wool
Most garments should have a care label. For best results follow the care label. For the few garments that don't have a label here are some general guidelines.
All wool and silk garments that have structure like coats, jackets, dresses,pants and skirts should be sent to the dry cleaners, unless it says otherwise.
Wool and silk garments like sweaters, scarves, wraps and any unstructured items like a sweater dress or pullover skirt can usually washed by hand. Wool and silk that is knitted can almost alway be handwashes and in many cases should be washed by hand.
- Use cool water and a natural non alkaline soap or shampoo.
- Wash gently, no quick agitation and don't twist or ring.
- Rinse in cool water until the water is clear.
- Push and squeeze the water out of the garment ,while in the sink roll up your garment in a clean towel and gently push to remove more water.
- Lay out your garment flat to dry, on is ideal.
Note:When cleaning silk by hand you should always wash the garments seperately. Silk takes dye very well but it can also bleed when washing.